Crushed gingersnaps create a flavorful crumb crust, the perfect complement for classic pumpkin pie filling. Made with fat-free half and half.
1 1/3 cupfinely crushed gingersnap cookies (about 20 small cookies)*
2 Tbsp.melted butter
- 1 can (15 oz.)100% pure pumpkin
- 1 1/2 cups (12 oz.)fat-free half and half
- 1/2 cup (4 oz.)Better’n Eggs®
- 3/4 cupfirmly packed brown sugar
- 1 tsp.ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp.ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp.ground cloves
Heat oven to 350°F. In large bowl stir together crushed gingersnaps, sugar and butter until mixture starts to come together. Spray 9-inch glass pie pan with nonstick cooking spray. Press crust mixture on bottom and up sides of pan. Bake crust 4 to 5 minutes or until crust is very lightly browned.
In large bowl stir together all filling ingredients. Pour into pie crust. Bake 50 to 60 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean, covering crust with foil if it browns too quickly**. Cool completely. Serve immediately or refrigerate***.
* Gingersnap cookies are about 1 ½ inches in diameter. They can be purchased in the ready-to-eat cookie section of your grocery store. A quick and easy way to finely crush cookies is to use a food processor. Process cookies and sugar until cookies are finely crushed. Slowly add melted butter.
** Pie is done when the center moves only slightly when pan is shaken.
*** Pie is best if eaten the same day it is made. Due to the lower fat content of the pie ingredients, the crust will soften faster than a regular pie.
Find Similar Recipes